Sunday, January 12, 2020

H. Elizabeth Vickery - 1909

From the Photo Album

Here is an interesting photo of my grandmother, Harriet Elizabeth Vickery, take in September 1909 at Pushaw Lake in Glenburn. That would make her 2 years 9 months of age here.



The photo was printed as a post card. It was mailed to Miss Marcia Parker, 330 Center St, Bangor, Maine.  Marcia was my grandmother's aunt, a sister to her mother Harriet Bain (Parker) Vickery. The note reads (if I have it correct):
Marcia are you still living or have you gone to the other side. Why dont you come out some time Aunt Hattie is coming out some time this week. And it's signed Hattie.


I only have two Harriet/Hattie's on this branch of my family tree (I think). My great-grandmother nee Harriet Bain Parker who went by Hattie. And my grandmother nee Harriet Elizabeth Vickery who went by H., always using her middle name or Lizzie.

I would assume the Hattie sending the note is my great-grandmother, jotting off this note to her sister. But then who is the Aunt Hattie referenced as coming out? 

If any relatives or friends are able to shed some light, I am all ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment